Makes 6 servings or 24 appetizers
How to cook Clams Casino
- 2 dozen live clams
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230°C).
- Open clams and discard top shell.
- Place clams in a shallow baking pan.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 tbsp. butter and saute the garlic and green pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining butter, lemon juice and bread crumbs, mixing thoroughly.
- Place 1 teaspoon of mixture on top of each clam and bake for 10 minutes.
Clams casino make a wonderful appetizer for any occasion.
is a clam "on the halfshell" dish with bread crumbs and bacon. It originated in Narragansett, Rhode Island in the United States. It is often served as an appetizer in New England and is served in variations nationally.
Tips on how to prepare clams for cooking.
This recipe for Clams Casino serves/makes: Makes 6 servings or 24 appetizers
The Clams Casino recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Appetizer