How to cook Clams Casino - Baked Clams
- 2 dozen littleneck or cherrystone clams, scrubbed, shucked and left on the half shell
- Fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut into clam-sized pieces
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over each clam on the half shell. Place the clams in a shallow baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and add the garlic and the green pepper. Cook gently for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of the mixture over each clam and cover with a piece of bacon.
- Bake the clams in a preheated 425°F (220°C) oven until the bacon is crisp and brown - about 10 minutes.
The Clams Casino - Baked Clams recipe easy to cook and so good!
is a clam "on the halfshell" dish with breadcrumbs and bacon. It originated in Narragansett, Rhode Island in the United States. It is often served as an appetizer in New England and is served in variations nationally.
Tips on how to prepare clams for cooking.
This recipe for Clams Casino - Baked Clams serves/makes: 4 servings
The Clams Casino - Baked Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Appetizer