How to cook Clams Marinara
- 6 dozens (72) small clams (in shells)
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Scrub clam shells well transfer into a large kettle, along with remaining ingredients (white wine, onion, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, butter and pepper).
- Transfer over medium-high heat steam until shells open-up.
- Discard any clams that do not open-up.
- Serve the Clams Marinara into shallow bowls, coated with sauce.
Preparation + cooking time: 30 minutes.
Clams must be alive until cooked (or eaten uncooked). Buy 12 small clams per person.
Check for signs of life tightly closed shells or siphon tubes that retract quickly.
To prepare clams for cooking, scrub them under running water with a stiff brush to remove any sand.
Serve the Clams Marinara with French bread.
Tips on how to prepare clams for cooking.
This recipe for Clams Marinara serves/makes: 6
The Clams Marinara recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Steamed