How to cook Clams Pie
- 2 cans small clams, with juice
- 6 large potatoes, cut into small dices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 mL) salted herbs
- 1 can mushrooms
- Grated Mozzarella cheese
- Enough dough for 2 pastry shells
- Bring to a boil 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the clam juice (reserve remaining juice), over medium heat.
- Boil together potato dices, chopped onion, salted herbs, pepper and savory to taste, in boiling clam juice.
- When ingredients are almost done, remove from heat add clams and mushrooms.
- Mix together reserved clam juice and a little cornstarch pour into mixture, to thicken.
- Prepare and roll dough into 2 shells line a pie plate with one of the pie shells.
- Fill with thickened mixture.
- Sprinkle all over with grated cheese.
- Top with remaining pie shell ventilate.
- Bake pie, onto the lower shelf of the oven, into a preheated
425°F (220°C) oven, for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) bake for 20 to 25 minutes more.
This recipe for Clams Pie serves/makes: 4
The Clams Pie recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Baked