How to cook Clams and Roasted Red Pepper Linguine
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 2 pounds fresh clams, tightly closed and scrubbed clean
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 (16-ounces) jar Roasted Red Bell Peppers diced (I used Mezzetta brand)
- 1 cup white wine
- Fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook linguine just shy of al dente in well salted water. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, drizzle olive oil in a large, heavy pan with a lid like a Dutch oven and set over medium heat. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add sliced shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cook for one minute, stirring often to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add diced Roasted Red Peppers and stir to combine.
- Add clams and white wine, stir to combine. Then cover with the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the clams open up. Any clams that do not open should be discarded.
- Add pasta, toss to combine and simmer additional 2-3 minutes to allow it to absorb the flavor.
- Top Clams and Roasted Red Pepper Linguine with lots of parsley and Parmesan cheese to serve!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
The Clams and Roasted Red Pepper Linguine recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Clams and Roasted Red Pepper Linguine serves/makes: 4 servings
The Clams and Roasted Red Pepper Linguine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Pasta