How to cook Clams in White Wine Sauce
- 2 pounds (1 kg) small clams
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) flour
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- Arrange clams into a large bowl wash clams with cold water, changing water quite a few times.
- Drain clams.
- In a casserole, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in flour cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in dry white wine, stirring.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Lower heat to low pour in cream, stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
This recipe for Clams in White Wine Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Clams in White Wine Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered