How to cook Clams with Garlic and Chorizo
- 18 littleneck clams
- 1 link cooked chorizo, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 5 thick slices grilled bread to serve
- Cook chorizo in a large pot over medium-high heat in a little olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add clams, white wine and crushed red pepper and cook till clams begin to open - about 4 minutes.
- Add butter and parsley and cook 1 minute more.
- Spoon clams and all that other good stuff in the pot on top of the grilled bread.
- Serve the Clams with Garlic and Chorizo immidiatley.
The Clams with Garlic and Chorizo
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too! Fresh briny littlenecks, spicy chorizo, lots and lots of garlic and wine and butter… And big hunks of grilled bread to sop up all that good love.
This recipe for Clams with Garlic and Chorizo serves/makes: 2 servings
The Clams with Garlic and Chorizo recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered