How to cook Clams with Jalapeno Lemon and Basil
- 6 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chiles
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Melt butter in very large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and jalapeno; stir until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, wine, and lemon juice and bring to boil.
- Add clams; cover and boil until clams open, about 9 minutes (discard any clams that do not open).
- Add basil and lemon peel. Season with pepper.
- Transfer clams and sauce to large bowl and serve.
The Clams with Jalapeno Lemon and Basil recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Clams with Jalapeno Lemon and Basil serves/makes: 8
The Clams with Jalapeno Lemon and Basil recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - July 2004.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered