How to cook Coconut Shrimp Fondue
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup minced unsweetened coconut
- Oil for fondue
- In a bowl combine coconut milk and lime juice.
- In a second bowl, combine breadcrumbs with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip shrimp one at a time in coconut milk, then coat in breadcrumbs. Place breaded shrimp on a platter and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a third bowl, beat egg. Place coconut on a plate. Dip shrimp in beaten egg, then roll in coconut until thoroughly coated.
- In a saucepan heat oil to 375°F (190°C) and transfer to fondue pot (or heat oil in an electric fondue). Do not fill fondue pot more than half full.
- Spear shrimp on fondue fork and fondue for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
The Coconut Shrimp Fondue recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Coconut Shrimp Fondue serves/makes: 4
The Coconut Shrimp Fondue recipe is adopted from The 125 Best Fondue Recipes by Ilana Simon - 2001
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried