6 - 8
How to cook Coconut Shrimp with Apricot Ginger Sauce
- 3 pounds (26-30 count) shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 cup flour, for dusting shrimp
- 1 cup flour, for batter
- 1 quart soda water
- 2 cups fresh coconut flakes, unsweetened
- Apricot Ginger Sauce (see the recipe below)
Apricot Ginger Sauce Ingredients:
- Combine 1 cup flour with soda water to make batter.
- Dust shrimp with flour and dip in batter to coat.
- Roll shrimp in coconut flakes.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve warm with Apricot Ginger Sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
How to cook Apricot Ginger Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or freshly squeezed lime juice
- Toasted black sesame seeds, for garnish, optional
- Place all apricot dipping sauce ingredients, except sesame seeds, in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired, and reserve.
The Coconut Shrimp with Apricot Ginger Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Coconut Shrimp with Apricot Ginger Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Coconut Shrimp with Apricot Ginger Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried