How to cook Coconut Shrimp with Marmalade Dip
- 24 shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut, or you can use sweetened coconut for a different flavor
- 3 cups oil, for frying
- Orange Marmalade Orange Dipping Sauce (see the recipe below)
Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in 2 separate bowls.
- Holding shrimp by tails, dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip into egg/beer batter, allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350°F (180°C) in a deep-fryer. Fry shrimp in batter, cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm with Orange Marmalade Orange Dipping Sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
How to cook Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard (with whole-grain mustard seed)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 dash salt
Combine all Ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
The Coconut Shrimp with Marmalade Dip recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Coconut Shrimp with Marmalade Dip serves/makes: 6
The Coconut Shrimp with Marmalade Dip recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried