3 - 4
How to cook Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, butterflied
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch, divided
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup liquid pina colada drink mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Pina Colada Sauce (see the recipe below)
Pina Colada Sauce Ingredients:
- Place 1 cup cornstarch in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cornstarch, and coconut flakes in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup pina colada mix, powdered sugar, and rum in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Coat shrimp in cornstarch, then dip in pina colada mixture, then in coconut mixture, back into the pina colada mixture, and back into the coconut mixture.
- Carefully drop each coated shrimp into 375°F (190°C) oil, fry until golden brown, and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with Pina Colada Sauce.
How to cook Pina Colada Sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid pina colada drink mix, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
The Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good! This recipe is similar to the Red Lobster Recipe.
This recipe for Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried