4 - 6
How to cook Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 1/4 cup Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- Pineapple Salsa (see the recipe below)
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients:
- Combine coconut and bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Put flour and eggs in separate, shallow dished.
- Dip shrimp in flour, then egg mixture, then coconut and bread crumb mixture, coating well.
- Place shrimp in frying pan. When shrimp begin to turn a golden color, about 5 to 6 minutes, remove and drain.
- Serve warm 2-3 shrimp per person as an appetizer with Pineapple Salsa.
How to cook Pineapple Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups canned or fresh crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine pineapple, jalapeno pepper, and red bell pepper in bowl.
- Season with lime juice and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Appetizer