How to cook Coconut Shrimps
- 1 pound jumbo shrimps (20-25 count)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning if desired (Tony Chachere's)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut Orange Marmalade Orange Dipping Sauce (see the recipe below)
Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- In a bowl stir together 1 cup of flour with 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.
- In another bowl stir together eggs, milk and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- In a third bowl stir together remaining 1/4 cup flour and shredded coconut.
- Prepare the shrimp by deveining and peeling off the shell back to the tail. Leave the last segment of the shell plus the tail as a handle.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and season with last remaining 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.
- Dip each shrimp first in flour, then in milk-egg wash, and then roll in coconut-flour mixture until coated.
- Drop shrimp into hot cooking oil and fry until golden brown.
- Dip in Orange Marmalade Sauce and enjoy!
How to cook Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard (with whole-grain mustard seed)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 dash salt
Combine all Ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
The Coconut Shrimps recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Coconut Shrimps serves/makes: 4
The Coconut Shrimps recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried