How to cook Coconut Snapper with Lime Cilantro Butter
- For Seared Snapper:
- 2 any snapper fillets (I used queen snapper), about 6-8 ounces each
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted shaved coconut for garnish
- For Lime Cilantro Butter Butter:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Set up 3 dishes for dredging (1 for seasoned flour, 1 for beaten egg, 1 for Panko and coconut).
- Heat an oven safe, non-stick pan on medium-high; add butter and olive oil.
- Dredge fish in flour, then egg, then Panko-coconut mixture.
- Place fish in hot pan; cook about 1 minute, then check bottom to ensure brownness. When brown, flip each fillet and allow to cook about 1 more minute (until browned).
- Place pan in oven; allow to cook another 1-2 minutes (don't overcook or the fish will be dry!).
- While in the oven, prepare the Lime Cilantro topping by melting butter in a small sauce pan, then mixing in lime zest and cilantro. Remove from heat.
- Remove fish from oven and transfer to plates over a boiled or steamed rice.
- Spoon butter mixture over fish, then top with cilantro and toasted coconut.
The Coconut Snapper
with Lime Cilantro Butter recipe easy to cook and so good!
’s flesh is mild, delicate, white and flaky - everything Snapper should be.
So, armed with two beautiful fillets, I decided to prepare it in a crunchy coating of coconut and Panko, then zing it up a bit with the lime and cilantro I had in the fridge.
The coconut adds a light sweetness, which is offset by the tanginess of the lime and the freshness of the cilantro. This is a simple recipe in which you can use just about any white, flaky fish.
This recipe for Coconut Snapper with Lime Cilantro Butter serves/makes: 2 servings
The Coconut Snapper with Lime Cilantro Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked