How to cook Cod Fillet Flemish Style
- 1 1/2 pounds center-cut cod fillet or 4 cod (scrod or halibut) steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives
- 4 slices fresh lemon, peel and pith removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange half the onion in an ovenproof baking dish just large enough to comfortably holds the fish. Sprinkle half the parsley and chives over the onion.
- Arrange the fish fillet or steaks over the onion and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the remaining onion, parsley, chives, the lemon slices, bay leaf, and thyme. Pour in the wine and bake until the fish is just done, about 20 minutes.
The Cod Fillet Flemish Style recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Belgium name for this recipe is Cabillaud a la Flamande
This recipe for Cod Fillet Flemish Style serves/makes: 4
The Cod Fillet Flemish Style recipe is adopted from The Everybody Eats Well in Belgium Cookbook 1996.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked