How to cook Cod Fillets in Creamy Dill Sauce
- 4 cod fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon: 1/2 zested and juiced, the other half cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 2 teaspoons dried
- Salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the cod fillets. Heat butter in a skillet large enough to hold fish in a single layer.
- When pan is hot, add cod fillets and fry about 5 minutes, turn and cook until done. (Allow about 10 minutes total cooking time for each inch of thickness.)
- Remove cod fillets to a warm platter or individual serving plates.
- Add wine, zest and lemon juice to skillet, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Add cream and dill and boil until sauce begins to thicken, 1 - 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and spoon sauce over fish.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges on the side.
The Cod Fillets in Creamy Dill Sauce is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
An easy way to warm plates: put them in the microwave with a small container of water. Heat for 1 -2 minutes and leave in oven until needed. Heat from the water will warm the plates. Make sure plates are microwavable, though!
This recipe for Cod Fillets in Creamy Dill Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Cod Fillets in Creamy Dill Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed