4 - 6
How to cook Cod Fillets with Braised Celery
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) cod or red snapper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) dill seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) melted butter
- Paprika, to taste
Braised Celery Ingredients:
- Mix together dill and celery seeds, pepper and salt sprinkle over one side of fish fillets.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Arrange fish fillets side-by-side into a buttered 8 x 12-inch (20 x 30-cm) dish, sprinkled side on top.
- Melt butter for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM' pour all over fish and then sprinkle with paprika.
- Prepare braised celery.
- Spoon braised celery all around fish fillets.
- Cover and microwave for 6 to 8 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', according to the thickness of the fish.
How to cook Braised Celery
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water
- 1 thick slice unpeeled lemon
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter for 1 minute, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix in celery slices, water and lemon slice.
- Cover and microwave on 'MAXIMUM', for 3 minutes mix well.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix in parsley, salt and pepper.
Ovwen: 700 watts
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
Waiting time: 65 minutes
It also is a good way to cook red snapper. Dill and celery seeds, as the braised celery, make this dish attractive and full of flavors.
Serve with parlseyed rice or noodles.
This recipe for Cod Fillets with Braised Celery serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Cod Fillets with Braised Celery recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Microwave