How to cook Cod Fish and Shellfish Pie
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh cod, cubed
- 4 cups (1 L) fish stock
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh scallops
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh crab meat
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and then minced
- 2 leek whites, minced
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup (250 mL) small peas
- 1/2 pound (227 g) flaky pastry dough
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pour fish stock into a casserole bring to a boil before adding potato cubes simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in minced carrots and leek whites simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Remove vegetables from casserole reserve.
- Poach together scallops and cod for 2 minutes, into simmering fish stock.
- Reserve scallops, cod and broth separately.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Into a clean casserole, melt butter stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Whip in reserved fish stock bring to a boil, stirring, until sauce is smooth.
- Mix in minced garlic and chopped parsley season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix in reserved vegetables, scallops and cod then mix in crab-meat and peas.
- Mix well pour into an oven-safe dish.
- Roll dough top mixture with dough.
- Cut 2 slits into dough, so that vapor can escape brush dough with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake into preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes, until golden brown.
Flaky pastry, which is dry and light, is the basic ingredient to pies (it is possible to buy frozen flaky pastry dough).
One serving = 503 calories, 45 g carbohydrate, 38 g Proteins, 19 g lipids, 6,0 g fibers, 168 mg cholesterol
This recipe for Cod Fish and Shellfish Pie serves/makes: 4
The Cod Fish and Shellfish Pie recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked