How to cook Cod Salad Pita Pockets
- 2 Alaska Cod fillets (about 6 ounces each), thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 small pita pockets, halved
- A couple leaves of lettuce
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Drizzle the cod fillets with olive oil and once the oven is preheated, roast for about 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, break up the fish with a fork and add celery, red onion, lemon zest, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in mayonnaise and stuff into pita pockets layered with lettuce.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This Cod Salad Pita Pockets recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Cod Salad Pita Pockets serves/makes: 2 servings
The Cod Salad Pita Pockets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Salad