How to cook Cod Steaks with Aurora Sauce
- 2 cod (or any firm, white-fleshed fish) steaks, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons seasoning for fish (I used Italian)
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Aurora Sauce:*
- 7 ounces whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- A small pinch nutmeg
- Rinse the fish steaks and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice; sprinkle with the seasoning for fish, salt and pepper.
- Add a little seasoning to breadcrumbs and mix. Roll the fish steaks in breadcrumbs and fry them in hot olive oil for 4-6 minutes on each side (until the flesh is opaque and firm to the touch).
- Prepare the Aurora sauce. Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it begging to a boiling. Remove from heat.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the flour and stir fry for 2-3 minutes with a wooden spatula. (Do not let the mixture burn.)
- Then pour in a little splash of the warm milk. Stir well.
- Now gradually add extra drops of the milk little by little until all of the milk is incorporated.
- Let the sauce cook for a couple of minutes until it starts to thicken a little.
- Add the ketchup, salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg, stir occasionally, until it begging to a boiling. Remove from heat and use immediately.
- Put the fried fish steaks on a plate and pour over them the Aurora sauce. Decorate the dish with greens and serve with hot rice of your choice.
The Cod Steaks with Aurora Sauce
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
is a kind of pink bechamel suitable for pasta, vegetables, or seafood.
This recipe for Cod Steaks with Aurora Sauce serves/makes: 2 servings
The Cod Steaks with Aurora Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed