How to cook Cod and Vegetable Salad
- 12 ounces (340 g) cod fillets, skinned
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) dried fennel seeds, crushed
- Generous pinch Cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces (227 g) frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 ounces (227 g) spinach or 1 large Roman lettuce, leaves cleaned
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- Cut cod fillets lengthwise, into 1-inch (2.5-cm) long strips arrange strips side-by-side in a large, rectangular dish.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper pour in dry white wine, cover dish and microwave for 3 1/2 to 4 minuntes on 'MAXIMUM', turning fish strips at half-time.
- In an 8-cup (2 L) microwave-safe casserole, mix together minced onion, crushed garlic, vegetable oil, fennel seeds and Cayenne pepper cover and microwave mixture for 2 to 3 minutes on 'MAXIMUM", stirring once or twice.
- Mix in mixed vegetables cover casserole and microwave mixture for 4 to 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', stirring at half-time.
- Leave to cool.
- Drain and then crumble cod fillets.
- Transfer spinach of lettuce leaves into a large salad bowl mix in vegetables and fish.
- Sprinkle with white wine vinegar stir.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour, before serving.
Microwave oven: 700 watts
This recipe for Cod and Vegetable Salad serves/makes: 4
The Cod and Vegetable Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Microwave