4 - 6
How to cook Cod or Sole with Almonds
- 3 1/4 pounds (1.5 kg) cod or sole, cut into servings
- Vegetable broth
(Purists make there own)
- Fat (butter, duck fat or olive oil)
- Finely chopped garlic, to taste
- Almond slices, to taste
- White wine
- Bring some vegetable broth to a boil simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add fish pieces to the broth turn off the heat.
- Let fish stand in broth for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little fat into a fry pan.
- Fat must be hot, but should not burn.
- Delicately remove fish from broth drain and then add fish to hot butter, into fry pan.
- Fry fish for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer fish onto a hot serving plate.
- Add a little more fat to the fry pan lightly brown chopped garlic and almond slices.
- Deglaze fry pan with a little white wine.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve.
Serve, along with small boiled red potatoes.
For a fancy meal, serve this dish with Sancerre or Reisling wine.
is better than frozen sole
(small fresh sole, usually sold at Ethnic stores, also is a good choice).
The best way to make sure that cod fish really is fresh, is to ask the sales person to let you smell the fish. If you smell anything else than salted water, chances are that it is not that fresh.
This recipe for Cod or Sole with Almonds serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Cod or Sole with Almonds recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed