How to cook Cod with Beans, Chorizo and Peppers
- 2 cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 ounces chorizo, diced
- 8 padron (Spanish) peppers
- 3 ounces arrocina beans (white haricot beans), soaked overnight (borlotti, coco and broad beans work well too)
- 1/2 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 medium size mild red chili, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock (a good stock cube will do)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and add the shallots and chili and cook, being careful not to burn the mixture. Drain the arrocina beans and add to the pan and sweat down for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half, then add the chicken stock and cook slowly for 45 minutes or until the beans are cooked. (You may need to add extra chicken stock.) Leave and keep in a warm place.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add olive oil. Season the cod with salt and pepper and place skin side down in the pan. Cook until the skin is nice and crisp for approximately 5 minutes; turn over and cook for another 3 minutes. (If the fillets are thin, reduce the cooking time.)
- When you've just turned the cod over, heat another non-stick frying pan with olive oil until smoking. Add the padron peppers and cook until they start to wilt. Then, add the chorizo with the chopped parsley, butter, garlic and a couple of squeezes of lemon juice and cook for a further minute.
- When ready to serve, spoon the cooked beans onto the middle of each warm plate. Sit the cod on top of the beans and pour over the padron peppers and chorizo.
The Cod with Beans, Chorizo and Peppers
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
The peppers and chorizo complement the cod wonderfully, adding just the right amount of spice and smokiness to our take on this northern Spanish dish. A perennial favorite at, this has become a signature dish in my menu.
This recipe for Cod with Beans, Chorizo and Peppers serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cod with Beans, Chorizo and Peppers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed