How to cook Cod with Plum Sauce
- 3 cod fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
- A handful of shelled walnuts, grounded or finely chopped
- For Prune Sauce:
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 5 ounces California prunes, chopped
- A handful raisins (I used a jumbo golden raisins)
- A few dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Dried rosemary
- Rinse cod fillets under cold running water and dry. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Allow to stand for a few minutes in a baking dish. Add a little water and steam for about 15 minutes.
- After cooking fish prepare Prune Sauce.
- Fry onion in a small amount of hot oil, add plums and apricots, raisins, vinegar and spices.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add tomato puree, simmer for about 5 minutes, then add honey, stir and simmer for additional 2 minutes to dissolve honey well. Cool sauce.
- Split cod cooked fillets into small pieces.
- Pour half of prune sauce on a shallow bowl and spread evenly. Top with fish and pour again prune sauce. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cover the bowl with foil, refrigerate for at about several hours (preferably overnight), that flavors and aromas of the fish and sauce pass each other.
The Cod with Plum Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Cod with Plum Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cod with Plum Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed