How to cook Cold Curry Seafood Chowder
- 1 pound halibut fillet
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1/2 pound crab meat, picked over to remove cartilage
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/3 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (20-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint light cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Dash of bottled walnut sauce
- Place butter in a large skillet. When melted, cook celery and onions until golden. Pour in the can of tomatoes. Simmer over medium heat.
- Boil halibut and salmon. When done, put through food grinder or processor.
- Strain tomato mixture over ground fish. Add milk, light cream, plenty of salt and pepper, curry powder, and a dash of bottled walnut sauce. Mix well. Place in refrigerator.
- Serve the Cold Curry Seafood Chowder ice cold in bouillon cups with a few pieces of picked crab floating on top of each cup and a dash of paprika to decorate.
The Cold Curry Seafood Chowder recipe easy to cook and so good! You can serve this cold chowder at any time of year, but it is especially wonderful on a warm summers' day. Serve with crackers, or toasted garlic bread, or a buttered crusty loaf of Portuguese or Italian bread.
This recipe for Cold Curry Seafood Chowder serves/makes: 12 servings
The Cold Curry Seafood Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew