How to cook Colombian Shrimp and Potato Omelet
- 1 pound small or medium-sized raw shrimps, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium-sized new potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 4 large eggs, separated
- Heat the butter in a large (10-inch) skillet, stir in the paprika and the onions and saute over moderate heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the mixture is thick and well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked potato cubes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Beat the egg yolks until they are thick and lemony.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they stand in firm peaks. Fold the whites and yolks together with a spatula.
- Return the skillet to the heat, fold the shrimps into the sauce, cook 2-3 minutes. Then fold in the eggs, mixing thoroughly.
- Cook until the eggs are lightly set.
- Serve the Colombian Shrimp and Potato Omelet immediately.
The Colombian Shrimp and Potato Omelet recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Colombian name for this recipe is Cuajado de Camarones
This recipe for Colombian Shrimp and Potato Omelet serves/makes: 4
The Colombian Shrimp and Potato Omelet recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed
Cuisine: South American
(more South American