How to cook Corn and Crab Bisque
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 3 ounces bacon
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw peeled finely chopped potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked silver queen corn
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Sauté bacon until crisp. Remove and crumble.
- In the bacon drippings sauté onion, celery, and the pepppers until soft but not brown.
- Add the water, bay leaf, paprika and potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Bring just to the boiling point, add the flour and 1/2 cup of milk.
- In a separate saucepan, heat crab meat, corn, and the remaining milk. When warmed through (but not boiling), add the crab meat and bacon to the soup mixture. Heat gently for a few minutes.
- Garnish the Corn and Crab Bisque with fresh parsley and serve.
The Corn and Crab Bisque recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Corn and Crab Bisque serves/makes: 4 servings
The Corn and Crab Bisque recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew