How to cook Corn and Crab Chowder
- 6 ounces crab meat
- 1 cup leeks, cleaned, sliced OR 1/2 cup diced onions may be substituted
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 baked potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved with 4 tablespoons water
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the leeks or onions and cook over medium heat until they are soft.
- Add the chicken broth, corn and milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the cornstarch and water combination until soup thickens to your likeness.
- Add crab meat, heat gently, Do not let boil.
- Serve the Corn and Crab Chowder hot with crusty French or Italian bread.
The Corn and Crab Chowder recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- Tabasco sauce Use any or all of the above to garnish. The Tabasco helps add a "smokey" flavor to the soup.
This recipe for Corn and Crab Chowder serves/makes: 4 servings
The Corn and Crab Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew