For The Cornmeal Crusted Scallops
How to cook Corn with Cornmeal Crusted Scallops
- 1 pound fresh or thawed frozen sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil
For The Corn
- 4 ears husked corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Coleslaw, to serve (see the recipe below)
- CORNMEAL CRUSTED SCALLOPS: Put scallops, cornmeal, salt and paprika in a plastic food bag; shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook 3 minutes, turning over once, until golden and just cooked through.
- FOR THE CORN: Microwave ears husked corn in a covered microwave-safe dish 6 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add butter; cover and microwave 20 seconds or until butter melts.
- Sprinkle with sliced scallions and salt; toss to coat corn.
- Serve hot with coleslaw.
How to cook Coleslaw
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup bottled coleslaw dressing
- 1/4 cup chipotle chili-flavored light mayonnaise
Toss a coleslaw mix with coleslaw dressing and mayonnaise.
The Corn with Cornmeal Crusted Scallops recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Corn with Cornmeal Crusted Scallops serves/makes: 4 servings
The Corn with Cornmeal Crusted Scallops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed