How to cook Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia Fish Fingers
- 4 small tilapia (or any firm white-fleshed fish) fillets
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 3/4 to 1 cup oil for frying
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the fillet into stripes (“fingers”) about 1/2 inch wide and 2 1/2 inches long.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat egg whites with salt and pepper.
- Add the fish fingers, toss to coat, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In large dinner plate, combine cornmeal and flour; season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the fish fingers in the breading mixture.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook fish until golden brown and opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes, turning once (if fish is browning too quickly, reduce heat).
- Remove the fish from the pan and place on paper towels to absorb excess fat.
- Serve the Tilapia Fish Fingers immediately with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce on a side and your choice of fresh vegetables or salad.
The Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia Fish Fingers
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia Fish Fingers serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia Fish Fingers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried