How to cook Cornmeal Battered Fried Tilapia
- 4 thin tilapia fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- In a 9-inch pie pan stir together all ingredients, except cornmeal, fish and oil.
- On waxed paper place cornmeal. Coat both sides of fish fillets with cornmeal, then dip into batter.
- In a 10-inch skillet heat oil until hot. Place the tilapia fillets in hot oil. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn; continue cooking until golden brown and fish flakes with a fork, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Cornmeal Battered Fried Tilapia hot.
The Cornmeal Battered Fried Tilapia recipe easy to cook and so good!
fillets are the perfect fish for a quick meal. Other thin, white fish fillets such as sole
, or orange roughy
work equally well.
This recipe for Cornmeal Battered Fried Tilapia serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cornmeal Battered Fried Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed