How to cook Cornmeal Breaded Shrimp Fondue
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for fondue
- In a bowl combine cornmeal with paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne, coriander and salt and pepper.
- Rinse shrimp under warm water. Dip one at a time in cornmeal mixture, coating on all sides. Place breaded shrimp on platter decorated with cilantro sprigs and lemon slices.
- In a saucepan heat oil to 375°F (190°C) and transfer to fondue pot (or heat oil in an electric fondue). Do not fill fondue pot more than half full.
- Spear shrimp on fondue fork and fondue for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
The Cornmeal Breaded Shrimp Fondue recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cornmeal Breaded Shrimp Fondue serves/makes: 4
The Cornmeal Breaded Shrimp Fondue recipe is adopted from The 125 Best Fondue Recipes by Ilana Simon - 2001
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried