How to cook Cornmeal Fried Rockfish (Striped Bass)
- 4 rockfish (striped bass) fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Tartar Sauce, optional (recipe follows)
Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- In another shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1/2-inch of oil over medium heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Dip the rockfish fillets in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Transfer fillets to hot skillet and fry 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Cornmeal Fried Rockfish with Tartar sauce, if desired.
How to cook Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- Mix all Tartar Sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
The Cornmeal Fried Rockfish (Striped Bass) recipe very easy to prepare and so good! This is awesome with a homemade Tartar Sauce!
This recipe for Cornmeal Fried Rockfish (Striped Bass) serves/makes: 4
The Cornmeal Fried Rockfish (Striped Bass) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed