How to cook Country Style Scalllops
- 12 fresh scallops, halved (approximately 1 pound / 454 g), corals reserved
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL / 70 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups (440 mL) water
- 8 ounces (227 g) freshly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cube fish or vegetable broth concentrate
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- In a large microwave-safe casserole, covered, just brown onion, in melted butter for 3 to 4 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Stir in flour slowly pour in water, whipping.
- Add mushroom slices microwave for 4 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in scallops, then lemon juice salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 7 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Melt fish or vegetable broth cube in a little of the hot sauce pour into casserole.
- Add reserved corals microwave for 7 minutes more.
- Mix together egg yolk and cream pour in 3 tablespoons (45 mL) hot sauce, then pour mixture into casserole.
- Microwave for 3 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 24 minutes
As there is quite a bit of sauce, this dish takes a little long to cook.
Serve over hot boiled white rice or pour into a hot serving dish and decorate all around with mashed potatoes, using a piping bag and a decorative nozzle.
This recipe for Country Style Scalllops serves/makes: 4
The Country Style Scalllops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Microwave