How to cook Crab Meat Stuffed Flounder Roulades
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 pound crab meat, picked over and flaked
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (about 1 slice)
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Few drops of liquid red pepper seasoning
- Lemon wedges and parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a small shallow baking dish.
- Sauté the onion, celery and red bell pepper in 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan until soft, about 2 minutes. Mix in the crab meat, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper seasoning.
- Place the fillets skin-side up. Mound the crab mixture in the center of the flounder fillets. Overlap the ends of fillets over the top of the stuffing. Fasten with wooden picks. Place in the prepared dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan; stir in the lemon juice. Pour over the fish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in the preheated moderate oven at 350°F (180°C) for 18 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes when pierced with a fork.
- Garnish the Crab Meat Stuffed Flounder Roulades with lemon wedges and parsley, if you desire.
The Crab Meat Stuffed Flounder Roulades recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Crab Meat Stuffed Flounder Roulades serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crab Meat Stuffed Flounder Roulades recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked