12 appetizer servings
How to cook Crab Mold with Shrimp
- 1 quart crab meat, picked clean of any shells or cartilage
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or green onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon, fresh preferred
- Lettuce leaves, shredded
- 12 olives
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 12 cold boiled shrimp (optional)
- Catchup (optional)
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Dissolve over hot water. Cool.
- Stir the cooled gelatin into mayonnaise. Fold the mayonnaise into crab meat.
- Fold in celery, being careful so as not to flake the crab meat into shreds. Add parsley, chives or green onion, and tarragon.
- Put in a rinsed and chilled mold, and place in the refrigertor until set.
- When ready to serve, unmold onto a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Surround with olives, quartered hard-boiled eggs, and, if you like, cold boiled shrimp, each shrimp dipped into catchup.
The Crab Mold with Shrimp recipe easy to cook and so good!
Have you a mold shaped like a fish? Any attractive mold will do, but a fish-shaped mold makes an extremely attractive presentation.
This recipe for Crab Mold with Shrimp serves/makes: 12 appetizer servings
The Crab Mold with Shrimp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled