How to cook Crab Pastry Shells
- 12 crab-flavored pollock sticks, diced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 celery stick, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) curry powder
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) warm chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 baked flaky pastry shells, kept warm
- Into a fry pan, heat butter.
- Add chopped onion, carrot and celery cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, over medium heat.
- Stir in curry powder and flour cook for 1 minute, uncovered, over medium heat.
- Stir in chicken broth salt and pepper simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Well mix in cream and parsley simmer for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Stir in crab-flavored pollock dices and drained mandarin oranges.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, over low heat.
- Fill warm pastry shells with mixture and serve.
1 serving = 504 calories, 30 g carbohydrates, 15 g proteins, 36 g sugar, 0.4 g fibers.
This recipe for Crab Pastry Shells serves/makes: 4
The Crab Pastry Shells recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered