How to cook Crab Pesto Cream Pasta
- 2/3 pound fresh crab claw meat
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup prepared Pesto homemade or your favorite brand
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley for garnishing
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a saucepan or skillet over medium heat, combine cream, pesto. Parmesan Cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook until it reduces slightly. Pour over cooked and drained whole wheat pasta.
- Divide pasta into serving dishes and pile crab claw meat on top. Top with sliced tomatoes, extra Parmesan cheese, and fresh cracked pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
The Crab Pesto Cream Pasta is perfect for busy weeknights. Simple and delicious!
If you prefer to omit the heavy cream, substitute half a cup of olive oil. It will still go wonderfully with the pasta and crab - minus the richness of the cream.
This recipe for Crab Pesto Cream Pasta serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crab Pesto Cream Pasta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Pasta