How to cook Crab and Corn Enchilada Casserole
- 10 to 12 ounces fresh crab meat
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Montery Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chilies
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Sour cream
- 3 cups Enchilada Tomato Sauce (see the recipe below)
Enchilada Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) .
- Prepare Spicy Tomato Sauce.
- Combine 2 cups Enchilada Tomato Sauce, crab meat, corn, 1 cup cheese and chilies in medium bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges. Place one third of tortilla wedges on bottom of shallow 3 to 4-quart casserole, overlapping to make solid layer. Spread half of crab meat mixture on top.
- Repeat with another layer tortilla wedges, remaining crab meat mixture and remaining tortillas. Spread remaining 1 cup Enchilada Tomato Sauce over top; cover.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with lime wedges and sour cream.
How to cook Enchilada Tomato Sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine tomatoes with liquid in food processor; process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, red pepper and cloves. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3 cups.
The Crab and Corn Enchilada Casserole recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Crab and Corn Enchilada Casserole serves/makes: 6
The Crab and Corn Enchilada Casserole recipe is adopted from the Great Garlic Recipes - 1997.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked