How to cook Crab and Corn Pudding
- 1 pound crab meat, picked over (divided use)
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn, thawed and well drained (or fresh, or canned, drained)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Slices of red pepper
- About 1 cup Sweet Red Pepper Cream (see the recipe below)
Sweet Red Pepper Cream Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter 4 large ramekins.
- Combine corn, egg, egg yolks, cream, chives, parsley, and half of crab meat in food processor and puree.
- Add flour, salt, sugar, cayenne and dash of Tabasco sauce. Process for a few seconds more to blend. Scrape the pureé into a bowl. Stir in remaining crab meat.
- Fill prepared ramekins. Place in roasting pan. Pour in about a half-inch water to reach a quarter of the way up ramekins. Cover entire pan with foil. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until set.
- While crab pudding is cooking, prepare Sweet Red Pepper Cream.
- When pudding is done, lift ramekins out of water. Top ramekins with Sweet Red Pepper Cream, garnish with slices of red pepper.
- Serve the Crab and Corn Pudding immediately.
How to cook Sweet Red Pepper Cream
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil and saute diced pepper. Do not brown. Stir in garlic, cayenne and red pepper flakes. Stir in wine and deglaze pan. Stir in cream and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and cook 2 to 3 minutes until cream thickens. Place in food processor and pureé. Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm until ready to pour over each ramekin.
The Crab and Corn Pudding recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Crab and Corn Pudding serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crab and Corn Pudding with Sweet Red Pepper Cream recipe is adopted from Marrita Blatchley and it won the grand prize in the 2003 Crab Cooking Contest in Crisfield, Maryland.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked