How to cook Crab and Shrimp Casserole
- 1 pound bay shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound crab meat
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, whole or 2%
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cooked White Rice Ingredients:
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions (or use the recipe below) and place in prepared casserole.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk in flour.
- Add milk and cook until thickened and bubbly. Add seasonings. Add to rice.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium-high heat and cook green pepper and onion until soft.
- Stir into rice and sauce with water chestnuts, mayonnaise, shrimp and crab meat.
- Top with cheese and bake about 30 minutes. Serve the Crab and Shrimp Casserole hot.
How to cook Cooked White Rice
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan and add enough cold water to cover it completely. Give it a thorough stir then drain it through a strainer. Return the rice to the pan and add the 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 mnutes, or until crater-like holes appear in the surface.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and keep covered. Let rest for 10 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork.
- Serve immediately or keep warm partially covered and do not fluff until ready to use.
The Crab and Shrimp Casserole recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Crab and Shrimp Casserole serves/makes: 8 servings
The Crab and Shrimp Casserole recipe is adopted from The Casseroles by Christie Katona and Thomas Katona.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Baked