How to cook Cranberry Glazed Snapper Steaks
- 3 1/2 snapper (salmon, halibut, etc.) steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lemon juice from concentrate)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mustard Butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash of pepper
- In small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Set oven to broil.
- Place fish on lightly greased broiler pan. Broil 2 to 3 inches from heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side (basting frequently with mustard butter) or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove fish from oven, spoon half the sauce over fish. Reduce heat to 325°F; bake for 5 minutes more.
- Spoon remaining sauce over fish; return to oven for 3 to 8 minutes.
- Serve the Cranberry Glazed Snapper Steaks right away.
The Cranberry Glazed Snapper Steaks is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Cranberry Glazed Snapper Steaks serves/makes: 8 servings
The Cranberry Glazed Snapper Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked