How to cook Crayfish in White Wine
- 10 live crayfish, rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat a 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep skillet and fry the crayfish on both sides, over medium heat, until they change color to pink.
- Season the crayfish with ground cumin, salt and pepper, add 2 bay leaves.
- Pour in white wine, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked crayfish to a serving plate, set aside and keep warm.
- To prepare the wine-butter sauce, strain the cooking juice from the skillet into a small sauce pan and add flour and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir with a spoon until it melts and dissolves in the sauce.
- Garnish the crayfish with lemon wedges and greens and serve immediately with the warm wine-butter sauce on the side.
The Crayfish in White Wine
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Crayfish in White Wine serves/makes: 10 crayfish
The Crayfish in White Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from Eduard Makarov.
Main Ingredient: Crayfish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered