How to cook Creamy Shrimp Fettucine
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 pound green fettucine noodles
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (or 3/4 teaspoon dried dill)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Boil fettucine noodles until done drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- Add the onions, shrimp and wine, and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the remaining margarine.
- Add the flour and stir until blended.
- Gradually add milk, stirring vigorously until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add sauce and dill to the shrimp mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over green fettucine noodles.
This recipe for Creamy Shrimp Fettucine serves/makes: 4
The Creamy Shrimp Fettucine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta