4 - 6
How to cook Creole Baked Whitefish
- 2 pounds (1 kg) whitefish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- A little pepper (or to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) tomato juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green bell pepper or celery
- 1 small onion, chopped or
1/3 cup (80 mL) onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) breadcrumbs
- Arrange fish fillets into an oven-safe dish season with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Bake into a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer together tomato juice, chopped green bell pepper or celery, chopped onion or onion flakes, oregano, remaining salt and a little pepper, for 15 minutes.
- Mix together cornstarch and water.
- Pour mixture into sauce simmer until thickened.
- Pour sauce over fish fillets sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Broil until golden.
This recipe for Creole Baked Whitefish serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Creole Baked Whitefish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Baked