4 - 6 servings
How to cook Creole Deep Fried Swai Fillets
- 4 - 6 swai fillets (or striped pangasius sea, bass, tilapia, red snapper, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- Canola or vegetable oil for deep frying
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Mix seasonings into a small bowl, divide. Rinse fish fillets in cold water, pat dry. Cut fish into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place fish on flat surface to season. Season the fish on one side with half of the seasonings.
- Lightly toss seasoned fish so the seasoning is evenly distributed. Add beaten egg, hot sauce and mustard to fish. Mix lightly and set aside.
- Add corn meal and flour (corn flour) to a brown paper bag or freezer bag season with remaining seasonings shake to mix up.
- Heat oil to 350°F (175°C) using a cooking thermometer if you don’t own one then take a little bit of corn flour, drop it in the oil, if the corn flour starts to fry quickly and floats to the top, the oil is ready.
- Once the oil is ready place a few strips fish at a time of fish into corn flour and shake well to coat.
- Shake loose excess corn flour as you lift fish out to place in fryer.
- Fry fish 7-8 minutes depending on your preference, I love my fish a littler darker and crunchier so 8 minutes guarantees me that perfect texture.
- Add enough fish to cover a surface area of pan only (don’t over fill or fish will not fry evenly). Stir fish occasionally to help the fish to fry evenly.
- Lift fish out with strainer and place on paper towel to assist with draining.
- Serve the deep fried swai fillets lemon wedges.
- It’s time to eat, and don’t forget the Tabasco!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
The Creole Deep Fried Swai Fillets recipe is simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Creole Deep Fried Swai Fillets serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Creole Deep Fried Swai Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried