2 or 3
How to cook Creole Fish Fillets
- 1 1/4 pounds (567 g) any white fish fillets, into 3/4-inch (2-cm) cubes
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1 sweet green pepper, into strips
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly minced mushrooms
- 1 (14-ounce / 398-mL) can tomatoes, broken-up
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small hot pepper or
a few drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- Into a fry pan, melt butter; often together green pepper strips, chopped onion, minced garlic and minced mushrooms.
- Mix in broken-up tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, hot pepper or Tabasco sauce and lemon juice.
- Season with salt; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat; simmer slowly, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Mix in fish fillet cubes; cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes more, over low heat.
- Serve, really hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
This recipe for Creole Fish Fillets serves/makes: 2 or 3
The Creole Fish Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered