How to cook Creole Fish Fillets - 1
- 2 pounds (1 kg) fresh or frozen thawed fish fillets
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly chopped mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) lemon juice
- Pinch dry mustard
- Pinch oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange fish fillets into a lightly greased oven-proof dish.
- Into a large casserole, mix together tomatoes, chopped onion, green pepper and mushrooms, lemon juice, dry mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fish fillets.
- Bake into a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven, for 10 to 12 minutes per inch (2.5 cm) of fish thickness.
- To check for doneness, see if fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork.
A tomato sauce fish dish, seasoned with oregano.
This recipe for Creole Fish Fillets - 1 serves/makes: 8
The Creole Fish Fillets - 1 recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Baked