How to cook Creole Flounder or Sole Fillets
- 1 package (1 pound) flounder or sole fillets, from the freezer slightly thawed, about 30 minutes
- 1 cup chopped onion, fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) Italian-style plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chili peppers, drained
- Sauté the onion and the garlic in the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until soft - about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their liquid, the wine, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, liquid red pepper seasoning and green chili peppers.
- Bring to boiling, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Lower the heat and simmer over medium heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Slice the slightly thawed fish into 4 equal pieces. Add to the skillet, spooning a little sauce over the pieces. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Gently turn the fish.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes more, or until the fish just begins to flake when touched with a fork.
The Creole Flounder or Sole Fillets recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Creole Flounder or Sole Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Creole Flounder or Sole Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered